Looking for recommendations for OW Certification Dives in Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alecia

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to Turks and Caicos next week and hope to do my OW certification dives. I know, I know, kind of late. Would highly prefer a 5 Star PADI instructor if available. We are staying in Provo. Any recommendations please??? Thanks.

I stayed at the Beaches resort at T&C. They have 5 Star instructors on site. I don't know if they teach non guests. You could always check the PADI website, or look up resorts through Scuba Dive Magazine website.

I am going to Turks and Caicos next week and hope to do my OW certification dives. I know, I know, kind of late. Would highly prefer a 5 Star PADI instructor if available. We are staying in Provo. Any recommendations please??? Thanks.
No such thing as a 5 star instructor..Do you have your referral paperwork that you already completed academics and confined (pool) requirments? Also take a copy of medical that you filled out during class. Did you finish course work less than 1 year ago? Reality is that you should be prepared for the dives at this point and it should not matter what rating the PADI instructor has.

Flamingo Divers - Mickey and Jayne.

When we were there in May, we did some dives with Caicos Adventures and a couple was doing their OW cert dives while the rest of us did our thing. The Caicos Cat boat is really big and comfy and the people doing their OW cert dive easily went to do their own thing with their instructor. It looked like a pretty smooth process and all the divemasters we ensountered in 4 days of diving with Caicos Adventures were first rate.

as said, there's no such thing as a 5 star instructor. There's PADI 5 star shops and resorts, but that's just a marketing/exclusivity arrangement and has nothing to do with the quality of the shop. (And there's no such thing as 1-4 stars.) So don't use "5 Star" as one of your criteria.

Back
Top Bottom