Question about Sherwood regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RATyson

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Sherwood Blizzard that I purchased in 1989. I used it regularly back in the day, but had a long (very long) hiatus from diving.

So, fast forward to 2012, and I'm getting back into the water again after a refresher.

I brought my regulator in to my LDS for service. They said that they would have to send it to Sherwood to get it serviced, so I left it with them. I also left my tank (AL 80) with them that was purchased at the same time as the regulator (1989).
This was back in early August....

So as of a few weeks ago, the regulator "Still hasn't come back".

Any idea on how long is should take to service the regulator?

Also, is there a standard location that dive shops send Sherwood regulators to have them serviced?? If so, does anyone have contact information for them?

I'm going to check back with the LDS on saturday to see if it has come back yet... But I am starting to get a bit concerned.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Four weeks was a good point to start to get concerned, After 4 months, I'd be shopping for another regulator.

Well, if it is a case that the regulator is gone... The LDS will be fixing the problem as it was left with them.

I should also add that I did regularly check with the LDS on the status every few weeks. They did not initiate any contact with me on the matter.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

lol.. holy coincidences Batman!

Just called again... all is good. Regulator is back.

Most Sherwood dealers don't need to send the reg back to Sherwood. They do it themselves. The older ones are some of the easiest to do. A shop that couldn't do it would give me pause.

Agreed Jim, the older Sherwoods are some of the easiest to repair.....I would really be looking for another shop. 4 months is WAY out of line, 4 weeks maybe in a very busy time and 4 days on average is more like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom