My Aeris XR1 nx won't turn on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

General Po

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Aeris XR1 nx wrist mounted computer that doesn't reliably turn on. It is currently set to auto or water activation and it seems it will eventually go on but only when it gets to about 5 meters of water (16 foot). I believe it is supposed to activate in 1.5 m of water and it used to do this fairly reliably. It's about 18 months old and seem less inclined to auto on after every battery change, I dive every weekend so its on its 3rd battery. This isn't really a problem for boat dives but for shore dives its a pain, especially if I'm leading a less experienced diver, I'm supposed to have them back in 50 minutes and my timing device doesn't kick in until halfway through the dive.

If anyone has had the same issue with the thing and has a solution I'll be glad to hear about it but I think it may be time to upgrade. If I mount it back in the console with my spg then I'll have a backup - at least on deeper dives.

The one button operation and lack of a screen light also annoy me so can anyone recommend a reliable computer with;
1. more than 1 button operation - easy to use
2. large numeral display
3. a back-light for night diving
4. able to change between imperial to metric measures

Cheers

If it's 18 months old it should still be under warranty. It sound like your altitude calbration is off on the computer. I know that sounds weird but the sensor read both air and water pressure.

I've fixed it! Another post on the forum recommended soaking it overnight in a 1:4 solution of white vinegar and water. I tried this and it turned on immediately it hit the water on the next dive and went into dive mode at 1.5 meters as it's supposed to.
There must have been a build up on the contacts. I'm very pleased to have the problem fixed.

Back
Top Bottom