New Hollis Elite 2 Harness, SS Hollis BP, Hollis BAC Wing 85lbs for $400. Good Deal??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhysherriott

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey ScubaBoard, need some help with some gear decisions. Found a guy selling a brand new, never seen water BP/W setup. The setup includes the following> Hollis Elite 2 Harness, SS Hollis BP, Hollis BAC Wing 85lbs for $400. I am looking to convert to BP/W. The question I have is even though I am not looking for such a massive wing is this package still worth it if I can sell the wing for $200 and purchase a much smaller 30Lbs single tank wing? When I priced out all of the items separately it came to just under $900 after tax. Is there a market for such a large wing and is $200 for a brand new wing a reasonable price that it would sell quickly enough?

Thanks for any advice,
Rhys

Why would you possibly want a wing that big, or that overdone harness? BPs and standard size wings show up often enough to wait and buy what you want, instead of needing to sell two of the three pieces in your "deal" to start off with.

(There's a 32# Hog wing posted right now in the Classified section for $165.)

(And a couple of Halcyon back plates with Cinch harnesses here.)

I think that setup you are referring to is for sidemount.

Definitely does NOT sounds like a good deal. 85lb wing is way too big for even the heaviest double setup. And it is way way way too big for single tank. You have a lot of good choice if you are welling to spend $400. Even brand new DSS setup is not much more.

No, try caveadenturers.com for an oxycheq plate/wing/harness/cambands, it's probably under $400. You could get a dive rite setup, also under $400, just make sure you get the smallest wing. Dive rite wings tend to be on the large side. Or you could get a DSS single tank rig, which is a very nice system, for about the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom