New Uwatec bottom timer stuck at 10 m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a new Uwatec digital 330 2 days ago. I popped it out of the boot this morning and worked on the boot to replace the standard straps with bungees. The timer was in sleep mode when I returned it to the box. I was about to return it to its boot (about half a day later) when I noticed that it had been diving for about an hour and dove to 24 meters max to boot! It changes depth and would read --- (surface) occasionally. Temp is also reading a bit on the high side. Anybody had a similar experience? I'm taking it back to my LDS tom.

Sounds like a dodgy unit for sure. Mine occasionally reads depths hat don't match my primary computer, usually out by a meter or so, i hold position to let it "catch up" but still reads incorrectly. Have no idea why but its out if warranty so I'm stuck with it. It's around 2 years old, based on this experience would not buy another.

Update: Brought it to my LDS and was promptly replaced. They said it is a rare occurrence with this device.

Good to hear about the replacement Digital 330m on the spot at the LDS --Scubapro/Uwatec is a convenient & practical brand worldwide and is worth the premium purchase price at authorized dealers for that reason!

Best combination to have on a tropical tech dive:

LCD readout like the Uwatec330m BT --easier to read than OLED in the bright ambient light shallows of 10m depth & less.
OLED display like a Liquivision Zen BT--easy to read in the deep depths or inside an overhead (i.e. wreck or cave); don't need to shine your torch on the unit to read the display like on the LCD. . .

Best feature of both units --additional real time depth averaging readout during the dive.

Reactions: Pao

Back
Top Bottom