V Planner Dive Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone. I have just purchased v planner for 72gbp and have been having a bit of a play about with it.

i was just wondering why some of the deeper stops have deco stop time in seconds for example 00:40 instead of just putting 1 minute. it would be almost impossible to time seconds with most bottom timers. i am asking this because it sayd in the rules not to increase deep stop times as this requires more deco.

Another question, why is it using stops at 27, 24, 21, 18, 15, 12, 9 and 6 metres rather than just 1 deep stop and then stops at 15, 12, 9, 6? when i did my courses the plan was generated with a dive to 50 metres for 20mins for e.g and the deco was one deep stop at 30m for 2 mins and then 15, 12, 9 and 6.

cheers for the replies
Craig Chamberlain

I am a math idgit, but I will give it a go. Decompression is a excersise in mathematical probabilities. There are no absolutes. There are several different / models / algorythms used for decompression guesing. The settings you chose when setting up vplanner yielded the results you got based on vplanners model. The mathematics yielded the 40 second stop, also known as a running stop.
Eric

Because the numbers are based on an algorithm. You input some variables (depth, time, gases) and it gives you an ascent plan. If the math results in a 40second stop, the output says 40 seconds. The output also tells you where to stop. The parameters you entered gave you a stops at 27,24,21,etc.

That's the reason you're using the software. To give you the answers. If you just wanna make up your own stuff, you might get bent. But you might get bent, anyway.

Hi everyone. I have just purchased v planner for 72gbp and have been having a bit of a play about with it.

i was just wondering why some of the deeper stops have deco stop time in seconds for example 00:40 instead of just putting 1 minute. it would be almost impossible to time seconds with most bottom timers. i am asking this because it sayd in the rules not to increase deep stop times as this requires more deco.

Another question, why is it using stops at 27, 24, 21, 18, 15, 12, 9 and 6 metres rather than just 1 deep stop and then stops at 15, 12, 9, 6? when i did my courses the plan was generated with a dive to 50 metres for 20mins for e.g and the deco was one deep stop at 30m for 2 mins and then 15, 12, 9 and 6.

cheers for the replies
Craig Chamberlain

Hi, The first stop will be rounded up to a whole minute boundary. Your depth timer normally shows minutes only, and this rounding up will get you back in sync with the timer.

The second question, sounds like you training example was a multilevel dive, and planned that way. Also depending on your mix choices, the config controls some parts of this - see Config - Extended stops, o2 window effect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom