Roatan to Utilla and back again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Booked a trip to Utilla in April and had planned on using Capt Vern to shuttle from Roatan to Utilla. I just read about his tragic death.

Has anyone taken over where he left off?

You can do it via the ferries in slightly less time twice per day. For around $100 r/t.

The Galaxy goes from Dixon Cove to La Ceiba. The Utila Princess from La Ceiba to Utila. Their schedules are synched and you literally walk across the parking lot from one to the other. We left Roatan at 2PM and were on Utila at 5PM. It's an early return (6:20am) and you'll sit around the Galaxy terminal for an hour+ but you're back on Roatan around 10:30. Dixon Cove is on the south side, a few minutes from the airport - across from the Mahogany Bay cruise port.

http://www.roatanferry.com/index.php?l=en
http://www.utilaprincess.com/index.html

First class on the Galaxy buys a drink, movie and A/C. It left right on time at 2PM.

island air is around $200 roundtrip per person. there are also boatmen on utila doing the trip for $50 one way with a minimum of 3 passengers.

island air is around $200 roundtrip per person. there are also boatmen on utila doing the trip for $50 one way with a minimum of 3 passengers.

Laurenceh...the boatmen option sounds like what I'm looking for. You wouldn't happen to have an email address or other contact info for any of them?

dennie bush is the only one i have contact info for, he has a really fast (45 mins, vs 2-3 hours) comfortable boat and is charging $60 one way or $100 roundtrip. his phone number is (from u.s.) 011 504 2425 3147 or look him up on Facebook under dennie owen bush

Booked a trip to Utilla in April and had planned on using Capt Vern to shuttle from Roatan to Utilla. I just read about his tragic death.

Has anyone taken over where he left off?
I just did this trip earlier this month. We hooked up with Capt. Raymond. Him and his son-in-law just started a service between the islands. The folks at Parrots Dive Center on Utila got us in touch with them. I think we paid about $50 each way. In Roatan he picks up and departs from the public dock in the west end.

There is a nice big, safe and comfortable boat(localy owned) by the name of Lady Julia(better known as Capt. Raymond) she does daily trips to and from Roatan, departs from Utila @ 7: am and from West end Roatan-Coconut tree diver dock @ 1: pm. For more info or to book reservations you can contact Capt. Dillard or his son Raymond by calling 3216-5366 or 3200-7259. Email: dillardw55@yahoo.com thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom