Weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
So i guess this might not be a tec question, but im trying to set up my stuff more towards a tec style. I just got my scubapro integrated weight pouches for my HOG BpW and wanted to know if it matters what type of weights i put in the pouches. I usualy have 10 lbs on my weight belt

I vote for gold. It won't tarnish, its quite dense, and you can form it easily to fit in the pockets perfectly. Tech diving ain't cheap, and deep down, you want the best (tm).

As far as I know, there's only one tech equipment manufacturer that deals in high-end weights... as PfcAJ states, their consumer fans value don't limit their choices on cost - quality is everything...

Halcyon-diving-weights.jpg

A friend made his own weights but the only mold he could find was his mother's corn muffin pan -- now he has ~30 1lb corncob shaped lead weights. Those would look really snazzy in gold...

oh and also i am looking to start a list of accessories i will need in the future for tec diving. I want to make the list and start checking it off.

When you buy a computer (if you buy a computer) be sure it has a guage mode. Since tech diving involves redundancy you may want to start off with a bottom timer.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom