CoCo View weather next March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarada

Contributor
Reaction score
We are planning a group going to CoCO View next March. What kind of weather will we experience in early March?

We were there last January and it rained all week. The visibility on the beach dives was very poor.

In 10 months?

eenie meenie chilli beanie....
the spirits are about to speak...

Storms on Roatan come in from the North. As sucky as it might have been on your prior January trip, you were on the South side, so at least you were diving!

Weather improves predictably in March and runs this streak through August. If you've been to Roatan in January- you'll love March!

What can I expect in late November? I know it's not ideal but when you have a family of four to schedule around, you make do with what you have available. We are staying on the South side.

In 10 months?

eenie meenie chilli beanie....
the spirits are about to speak...

Are they friendly spirits ?

(and I think it was jelly beanie)

Reactions: Doc
What can I expect in late November?

Turkey, maybe dressing.

November is the rainiest month in the Bay Islands.

I know it's not ideal but when you have a family of four to schedule around, you make do with what you have available. We are staying on the South side.

I'll be there with you. It can be hit and miss, but again- at least you're protected a whole lot better than the North side. Now the part comes in as to who you'll be diving with? The OP is going here:

Or this?

Boat types and such things as moon-well entries do matter greatly.

Hi doc. Saw your post from 50 feet away. You just get back from your night dive?. See you at breakfast.

Hi doc. Saw your post from 50 feet away. You just get back from your night dive?. See you at breakfast.

What we couldn't believe was that we were the only two divers at CCV who managed to over eat at dinner and still manage to do the night dive. After the 25+ last night, we had it all to ourselves :wink:

lots of critters including squidlets, sharp tail eels and much more. A perfect dead calm sea, 1.25 hr BT, good stuff all around.

I believe there is a cold front expected that time next march which will make the north side a little sloppy but the southside should be something like On Golden Pond, maybe even some loons, or loonies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom