regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i've started diving a BP/w. Now when the primary regulator is not in use. It is hanged by the right shoulder D-Ring. How do you do that? any pictures? there's no where I can attach anything on my primary regulator.

Here is a good article about attaching a bolt snap with cave line. In the example, they are attaching it to a light, but the same knot is used for a regulator. I have mine tied at the end of the lp hose. There is a location where there is a recessed space, perfect for the amount of cave line used. Doesn't interfere with the use of the reg at all.

How to Attach a Snap - Dive Gear Express

i've tried zip ties..broke. after a few dives... i live in the Philippines by the way.. i duno if it would matter.. hot weather ... somehow.. it dried up and just became brittle

two years on mine.....:idk:

i've tried zip ties..broke. after a few dives... i live in the Philippines by the way.. i duno if it would matter.. hot weather ... somehow.. it dried up and just became brittle

That's exactly why cave line is better. Zip ties fail rather unpredictably, cave line doesn't. It frays and is real obvious when its time to replace it.

Zip ties work as a save-a-dive type thing just fine, but its only a temporary solution.

How about the clip retainers like the one from DR? My Hog D1 singles kit came with one for the SPG and after 100 dives over the last 12 months it seems to be in new condition.

I never bought anymore though since they are expensive compared to cave line and I always have a bunch of line lying around whenever it's needed.

Those were low quality zip ties then. Some are known to become brittle through exposure to UV light. Good quality zip ties will last you forever.

How are the ones holding your mouthpiece holding up? Yes, there are different grades of them.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom