D.I.D hose routing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWAMPY459

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone experimented with any long hose routing methods other than the DIR method?

Is there a DID (doing it different) method out there for routing a 7 foot hose?

Yes have a friend who runs a 7' hose on each tank.
Another who runs it on the left.
I look at them both and shrug my shoulders they both try to convince me their way is best.
Bottom line if it is an entanglement hazard and they can donate well then I will dive with them.
If I do not like it then you are on your own my choice who I roll with.

I have another friend I do not dive with him runs two short hoses again his choice not mine.
Like I have mentioned their are many ways to route hoses.
I try to run them fairly standardized if that makes any sense because I dive in mixed teams all the time.
If I am prepping for a really tight squeeze I will be critical of any loose, dangles, or poorly placed hose or gear.
This is just my practice and choice so it is up to the individual to decide but bear in mind if you need gas from me it will come from the long hose RT side.
Do not be offended if I look at your rig and decline to dive I do not wish to offend anyone.

JCG

You can bungee the long hose down your wing (between the wing and your arm).

It does cause arguments/concerns about snagging on donate and redeployment.

Is there a problem you're trying to solve? bungeeing the hose along side the right tank used to be a fairly common approach, but it has since been widely abandoned because of the drawbacks. I've also seen it coiled and bungeed to the manifold.

I wouldn't sign up for either of those configurations.

Last edited:
Is there a problem you're trying to solve? bungeeing the hose along side the right tank used to be a fairly common approach, but it has since been widely abandoned because of the drawbacks. I've also seen it coiled and bungeed to the manifold.

I wouldn't sigh up for either of those configurations.
the problem is DIR divers do it that way and those guys are icky

the problem is DIR divers do it that way and those guys are icky

They also wear all black and look scary :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't sigh up for either of those configurations.

It just feels ... awkward,

between the bungee necklace and the long hose going twice around me I feel like there's an awful lot going on up around my neck and it feels like I'm lashed into my gear.

I can't even imagine trying to ditch and don at depth with all this crap wrapped around me.

and when I reach for my inflator, no wait, that's my bungee, no wait that's my reg hose, no wait that's my other reg hose, no wait, that's my first reg hose second go around, no wait that's my bc buckle strap, no ... hold on I'll find it in a minute I just need to untangle these.. well never mind, I've floated way up to the surface and I'm bent. I'll let the emt's sort out all the cords and hoses when they are trying to get to my chest to do CPR

I'm not sure how you are set up but I route my long hose under my can light (or shears if I am diving without a can light), snugly across my chest and around my neck. The hose is tight to my body and completely out of the way. My safe second sits right under my chin and my inflator is over my left shoulder. No piece of gear interferes with any other.

What dhboner said . . . if you are getting your bungied backup when going for your inflator, then shorten the necklace some. I can't remember ever grabbing the long hose instead of the inflator, maybe because I use the very short corrugated hoses?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom