Best dive resort on Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksporry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Simple question:
Am going to Cebu in october and was wondering what would be the best dive resort around Cebu. There is a chance I'll be going to Bohol as well.
Can anyone recommend a good dive resort?

---------- Post added July 7th, 2013 at 10:16 PM ----------

Did some more research, and I found some dive sites are marine parks and require entrance fees and/or photography fees. Can someone tell me which sites those are and where I can find the fees for those?
I also wonder if I should move to Bohol rather than stay at Maclan Island...

Price range may help- resorts vary.

Cebu Island? Different areas and different types of dives. Moalboal isn't too far and that has some decent dives.

Cebu City/Mactan? Nalusuan has entry fee- it's possibly the 'nicest' diving out of Cebu City. Hilutungan also has a fee but it gets fairly thrashed by the Try Dive crowds.

October can be rough weather wise...

Lot of beach front resort's art Bohol. I started at, horizon annex, the budget version of the beach front resort 100m behind in a backlane. No complaints. The attached dive shop is also good enough without being too judgemental.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Diving around Bohol much, much prettier than Mactan. Have never found marine park fees to be high enough anywhere in the Philippines to be a concern.

Cebu is a big frikkin' island.

I visited Moalboal and stayed at Turtle Bay Dive Resort, and I'd be happy to recommend them. Not the cheapest, but a good quality outfit.

Diving Moalboal Cebu: well-known dive spot

@ ksporry: Did your trip to Cebu/Bohol push through? Which dive resort did you end up with?

Hi,

Just a quick info.

Bohol was recently struck by a devastating earth (7.2 magnitude) and currently experiencing aftershocks (5.+ magnitude is the highest so far record by PhilVocs), as per the news, basic amenities is currently short due to highways and bridges has been damage.

So I would not suggest a trip to bohol at the moment.

For Cebu, PM me if you need a contact.
@ ksporry: Did your trip to Cebu/Bohol push through? Which dive resort did you end up with?

We stayed @ Turtle Bay Resort(for 5 days) 13 months ago(close to Moalboal)....was GREAT...party of 20 divers & their mandarinfish dive was fantastic!!!.....see my pice below, all are located on the 2nd & 3rd rows of these Sets.......Also did Oslob whaleshark dive from resort(ie TB Resort set up everthing for us---was a 1.5 hour drive by van from resort)........All have either 'Moalboal', 'Cebu', or 'Whaleshark dive' in their titles--4 total Sets from Cebu.............

1st 5 days we did Pura Vida Resort @ Dumaguete(Negros Island) & dove mainly Apo Island------they transferred us all by boat, an almost 4 hour ride, that was a neat experience too......
GEAUXtiger's photosets on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom