Forest City & Arabia 7/20 - AWESOME!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last year was a painful one as my first dive quest to Tobermory denied me the Arabia due to an insta-buddy making some bad choices on the Forest City (never got to the Forest City as we made a navagation error (no tag line), and he panicked and bolted before our corrected bearing would put us on her)... the powers that be on the boat shut down any further challenges...

Determined even more, we left the dock Saturday morning on the Lark (G&S Sports) with Captain Dan heading us out into a mild 2'-3' chop. Dive #1 was the Forest City. Site was perfect as the island sheltered us from the climbing swells. Down the line, tag line was there, and to the wreck we went. Temp under the thermo went to a balmy 42, and the vis just went spectacular. Hit the stern rail at 122', swam the arc, and time to begin the ascent. What a beauty!!!!!!

A little drive later, and we were on the stern mooring of the Arabia. Swells had increased to 3'-5', but darn it, we were there...

Dropped in, and quickly got under. Dropping down the line, and again the thermo just smacks you as you pierce it. Whats that? We are at 50', and I can see bottom, CLEAR AS DAY!!!! Visibility is EPIC!!!! Swam about 1/3 of the magnificant lady, and back up we went - you only get so much on 28%.

WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Couldn't get on the bow today as the winds shifted to the east, blowing out just about everything. Spent the morning on the Niagara II. Always fun.... but the Arabia bow still remains elusive.....

Maybe next year my fine lady! :coffee:

thanks for the virtual diving,bob!
so glad it was a good trip this time!!!!
you didn't have a beer for me at the crows nest,by any chance??
still sitting in hospital,so hope you have a good trip to the st Lawrence as well
have fun
yaeg

Spooky Arabia.jpg

Bummer you didn't get to the pointy end.

Last edited:
I guess you missed this, eh?

Rarely sighted, but once in a while, the rare "Georgian Bay Wood Shark" shows up. In fact, in 40 years of diving here, I've only been able to shoot it once... :shocked2:

Aplace Shark.jpg

Last edited:
Rarely sighted, but once in a while, the rare "Georgian Bay Wood Shark" shows up. In fact, in 40 years of diving here, I've only been able to shoot it once... :shocked2:

View attachment 166528

:dropmouth: and here I was thinking it was a narc.....:rofl3:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom