looking to dive Redondo 8/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With South OC not looking good for tomorrow I saw a post about Veterans Park and see that it is sheltered from the south swell that has been wrecking Laguna lately.
I am looking for a buddy or a group I could join up with.
In the name of full disclosure-I am 56 but like my gear "old but in pretty good shape". OW with 41 So Cal dives in the last 2 yrs.
You can reply here or PM me.
Thanks.

You were right Phil. Went to Veterans Park today and there were many divers there. Many classes. Hooked up with some folks and had a fine dive. Now I know some PV divers will never let South OC conditions keep me dry anymore!!!

You were right Phil. Went to Veterans Park today and there were many divers there. Many classes. Hooked up with some folks and had a fine dive. Now I know some PV divers will never let South OC conditions keep me dry anymore!!!

How was the dive? How does the site compare to laguna? I've read it can be a bit boring, but I have never dived it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Compared to Laguna with kelp and reef it does look a little barren, but like the desert, there is lots of life but you might have to look for it. Many crabs, little baby halibut or something like it (inch or 2 long), tube worms, a ray that I did not get a real good look at and a big ole sea hare. And it just occurred to me, my first dive where I did not see a garibaldi. We had planned to stay between 40 and 60 ft due to having a "10 dive" diver with us and stuck to it, and due to a false start (lost the newest diver and resurfaced to find him) we only got about 30 min bottom time but I look forward to getting back and seeing more.

Vets Park is best done at night, IMHO.

I could be wrong but I don't ever recall seeing Garibaldis there. I think they only hang out at kelps and reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom