MO cave diving instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm sure that there is a post somewhere but, I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. Can someone tell me who is a cave diving instructor here in MO preferably around the St. Louis area or Cape area? I'm looking to get cert.

Not in MO,... But there is an excellent Cave Diving/ Technical instructor just about 3 hrs away from you in Evansville, IN. It is Lawrence (Larry) Babcock. You can reach him at 812- 479-5764 or email him at aquatech@aquatechdivecenter.com. Here is his web site: Cave Diver Programs | Aquatech Scuba CenterScuba Training, Dive Travel, Equipment Sales & Repair The Diving Professionals When Experience Counts . He does most of his training in No. FL. I've done Adv. Nitrox/ Deco Procedures, Cavern, Intro to Cave, Full Cave, DPV Cave & Prism 2 Air Diluent Diver with him. He is very tough, but very thorough in his courses.

Are you planning on diving the MO caves, or travelling to Florida for the actual cave dives? If you're planning on travelling to the FL caves, why not just get an FL cave instructor?

Mark Leonard in Branson,teaches cave diving,and uses the caves in Missouri. Thought Ozark Dive shop in Poplar Bluff had an instructor on staff.

Well, According to my point of view, you will get a good skark cave diving instructor in the USA, but If I talk about the whole world basis, then you should go to the South Africa, where you may get the best shark cave diving instructor. The best thing regarding these cave diving instructor is that they will available for you every time and assist you until you satisfy from their services.[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

Are you planning on diving the MO caves, or travelling to Florida for the actual cave dives? If you're planning on travelling to the FL caves, why not just get an FL cave instructor?
I'm planning on the caves here possibly the surrounding states. I'm a dry/semi dry caver for the past 2 1/2 decades. I'm looking to go farther with my exploring.

---------- Post added May 26th, 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

Mark Leonard in Branson,teaches cave diving,and uses the caves in Missouri. Thought Ozark Dive shop in Poplar Bluff had an instructor on staff.
I talked to Slim a couple of weeks back and if I can't find someone without going to FL then he will be the route I go. His price wasn't bad. It was my cost to go to FL just for Cavern and Intro to Cave. Right around three grand not including his fee. I could possibly see going down there for the apprentice and full cave and do not object to it but, we have caves here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom