Never received my cert card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ciardi23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I did my basic open water class last august. Upon my completion I was instructed that in 1-2 weeks my cert card would come in at the shop. After those 2 weeks it never came and then I became busy with school and work (plus it was the off season) so I never went back to get it. The shop had to move locations because the parkway was putting an exit where the building stood. After they moved locations they told me to stop in in about a week to get my card. At the time I was still extremely busy with work and school and now the shop has closed down for good and it's completely empty inside, and here I am left without my card. Although it doesn't stop me from diving, I'd like to have it as proof and for when I take other dive courses. I am NAUI certified, do I just contact NAUI and explain my situation? How would I go about acquiring it?

Thank you.

. Although it doesn't stop me from diving, I'd like to have it as proof and for when I take other dive courses. I am NAUI certified, do I just contact NAUI and explain my situation? How would I go about acquiring it?

Thank you.

Not having a card does not stop you from diving but it does stop you from taking more classes and from getting air fills, Best to pay the replacement card fee and order a new card like knotical mentioned above

It depends what operation you dive with. In many places it will stop you from diving too. You definitely want to get the card by contacting NAUI. Think links mentioned above are the way to go about it.

Does NAUI charge for a replacement card like PADI? If so, hopefully they wouldn't if they understand the situation. One would assume they have records of this now defunct shop. It's not like someone would make this up just to get a cert. card.

Thank you all for the responses. There is records of me being certified and it is a $32 charge to get a replacement card.

Thank you.

Thank you all for the responses. There is records of me being certified and it is a $32 charge to get a replacement card.

Thank you.

Hmph. A charge even though they know your situation.

I have yet to call and from what I read and looked up on the site it said that there is a $32 charge. Hopefully if I call and explain maybe the will cut me some slack.

I wouldn't expect NAUI to cut me slack. They do not control the dive shop, nor do they own it. They provide training standards and materials to the shop and its instructors. Nor do they control you. Whether your card was lost by the store, or by you, it's still lost.

Back
Top Bottom