anyone using a regulator necklace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do all the time, whether diving Recreational or technical. Very handy. Mine is a home made one made of very thin bungee. It is basically 2 fisherman's knots with a loop for the mouthpiece in between. Costs only a dollar or two & takes about 5 minutes to make.

I use one made by Poseidon - to fit it I drilled two small holes through the second stage exhaust covers and fitted it to the holes with two small ss split rings.

Works well for me and keeps the second stage the right way up and ticked neatly on my upper chest.

Phil

I often do; got used to them in the mid-1960s. All single hose regulators came with a rubber neck strap and a snap. Mine is a home-brew made from 3/16" bungee. I find the ones that attach to the mouthpiece annoying. The side-exhaust works well because the end loop can be adjusted to pull off with just the right tension.

Attachments

• Necklace.jpg
    Necklace.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,368
View attachment 186494I use this one in yellow made by IST, I started opene water with it and like it a lot

same here, just the black version, i prefer the ninja look lol

I use a bungee. When underwater the bungee is around my head to hold the mouthpiece in. My thought is the reg stays in the mouth should I ever go unconscious for some reason. I guess it would be good for oxtox on nitrox as well. It also is convenient for grabbing the mouthpiece while the bungee is around my neck--an extra plus I didn't think of at the time. I don't use it to hold the mouthpiece in when DMing classes.

Back
Top Bottom