Kydex BP and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djtimmy77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently picked up a Kydex BP, and I am curious how tight one should screw on the wingnuts when attaching the plate to doubles. The BP is flexible and it seems like you could pull the rib pretty far in towards the bands, but that doesn't make sense. With the plate in an undeformed state the nuts are not very tight and seem like they could loosen easily...also doesn't seem like it is a very secure connection.

I am wondering how others secure their kydex plates to a set of doubles. A couple nuts behind the plate offset from the bands? some sort of mounting plates that load up on the tanks?

For reference the tanks are PST HP100's.

I just screw the wing nuts down until there is a little tension on them. I think that does result in a minor degree of flexion of the plate.

stop-nut (nylon center optional) can be used to set the depth on the back side of the plate, or a spacer (I have derilin "spools")....

The flex is hardly noticeable, so tighten normally. I love my Kydex plate and wing from Deep Sea Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom