5 dives in a day - 7 in a weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlponce14

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, this weekend I'm going to dive 7 times. 5 on saturday and 2 on sunday. Since I know it is going to be really tiring, I wanted to know any recommendations on food, energy drinks or any sort of things that I should take to be prepared for the trip. Its gonna be 2 morning, 2 afternoon and 1 night dives.

Thanks for your help!

Lotsa carbs. Lotsa water. Easy on the beer and sugar and sugary drinks. Nap between dives. That is the exact schedule on most of my dive trips.

Wookie-----never heard of that before----.......Just think if only he could eat a good meal between dives---with brownies & Blue Bell ice cream after the nite dive???......:)........One from the Flower Gardens(East Bank) weekend before last......

14867175467_532fbfdb78_o.jpg
[/URL]Manta ray--West Bank Flower Garden August 2014 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

On longer trips you could have Peach Cobbler or Berry Crisp after the nite dive. Oh, they sell Blue Bell in Key West. IJS...

Hi, this weekend I'm going to dive 7 times. 5 on saturday and 2 on sunday. Since I know it is going to be really tiring, I wanted to know any recommendations on food, energy drinks or any sort of things that I should take to be prepared for the trip. Its gonna be 2 morning, 2 afternoon and 1 night dives.

Thanks for your help!

Some other tips ... be religious about making slow ascents, particularly that last bit after the safety stop ... and if it's an option, use nitrox. Tired is your biggest obstacle ... otherwise, once supper settles in, you may not feel like doing that night dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

And plenty of thermal protection, including a hood. Get/stay warm between dives, too.

... and if it's an option, use nitrox. Tired is your biggest obstacle ... otherwise, once supper settles in, you may not feel like doing that night dive.

Take a nap if you can... Will do wonders for refreshing yourself.

Supper is also another obstacle... Nice full meal, dessert, lounging around taking it easy... "Maybe I'll just skip the night dive..." Been there.

I'm torn. A couple of folks have mentioned naps, and it sounds like good advice. However, isn't fatigue considered a potential DCS symptom? Is there a way to differentiate between the tiredness brought on by DCS, and that brought on just by diving?

5 hour energy, vitamin water, powerade, and protein meal replacement bars. Plus lots of water. Be sure and get plenty of electrolytes or you'll find yourself cramping up on later dives. Healthy meals as much as possible. And second the naps...

Came back about a month ago from a live aboard trip that was 10 days. The first day we didn't dive, we didn't get to the boat until after 5 PM, we were able to dive 5 times a day except for 3 days and only 4 dives were offered and the last day of diving only 2. I got in 36 dives in 8.5 days of diving. 39 were offered and I missed 3 night dives. Hell yes I was tired in the evenings.

I paid for Nitrox, I think it helps me. Drink plenty of water, eat well and back off the beer in the evening, go get a good nights rest instead. On the boat they fed us a lot and we ate a lot, lots of calories, snacks between dives good meals all.

I'm 60+ years old and would love the chance to do it again. After 10 days I was ready for some rest but never had problems with feeling exhausted. Watch your dive times and NDL's. You don't have to dive to 100' every dive. Shallow it up and do 5 or even 10 minute safety stops. Don't be in a big hurry to cover a lot of ground. Relax, slow down and enjoy. If you are too tired to make that 5th dive, don't do it. If an old guy like me can do it.........

Back
Top Bottom