Two Identical Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaTrent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have two Hollis 212 regulators. One is a attached to the primary tank and one is attached to the 30cf pony bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do so that I can tell these two apart, so that if for some reason both become free, I can be sure that I put the primary back in my mouth.

Trent

There's a million and one ways to mark regulators for this purpose. The question is do you want a visual or a tactile marking, or both? I have a friend that zip tied a plastic practice golf ball(the ones that look like mini wiffle balls) to the hose next to the regulator. It looked a little funny but never has failed him and he's had it that way for years.

I have two Hollis 212 regulators. One is a attached to the primary tank and one is attached to the 30cf pony bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do so that I can tell these two apart, so that if for some reason both become free, I can be sure that I put the primary back in my mouth.

Grab a second stage in one hand and follow the hose back to the first stage it's attached to.

Anything else is a crap shoot. Colors change underwater and if you're stressed you might not even notice what it is or what it's supposed to be.

Just trace the hose from the second stage to the first stage and you'll always be certain.

flots.

Put a clip on your primary reg. When its not in your mouth, its clipped off.

For the other reg, no clip. Its either stowed on the bottle or in your mouth.

Always do that and you'll never have a problem with dangling regs or not being able to easily tell them apart.

+1 to what AJ said. I have a bolt snap on my primary and everything else is either stowed on the bottle or on a bungee under my chin when it's not in my mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a yellow mouthpiece on the pony reg.

Do you have a long(er) hose on the primary or the pony?

N

My pony and stage regs all have yellow hoses, my primary regs are on long hose and have clips attached.

Yellow mouthpieces are a good idea, are they available for Comfobite models?

When diving with stages, we frequently tape across the mouthpieces with the mix written on it.

I have a moldable mouthpiece and a black hose on my primary Mares Abyss 22 regulator and a regular mouthpiece and a 40 inch yellow hose on my pony regulator, which is the same model. On another pony, I have a regular mouthpiece, a 40 inch yellow hose, and a yellow face plate on my Hog D1 regulator. The mouthpieces alone feel quite different because I leave my teeth out when diving. Although not comfortable when using the regular mouthpiece without teeth, I expect pony rides to be short with my attention on other more important matters. So my recommendation is to use different mouthpieces and have your teeth removed:) Actually, the golf ball and bolt snap ideas sound the best to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom