Two Identical Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two Hollis 212 regulators. One is a attached to the primary tank and one is attached to the 30cf pony bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do so that I can tell these two apart, so that if for some reason both become free, I can be sure that I put the primary back in my mouth.

Trent

There is a couple of ways you can do this.

1) use different colored mouth pieces or different colored hoses (not good as you lose color with depth)
2) Use different hose types (IE one rubber, one MiFleX). Only works if you dive gloveless
3) Use snaps on one or some variation of snaps on the hoses (works fairly well )
4) Put the pony bottle such that the hose comes from the opposite side that your primary reg comes from. This means when you trace the hose it goes to a definite side and you will know instantly(assuming you remember which side is which)

Daru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom