Aqua-Cat Cruises...Any Info out there??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for any insight on Aqua-Cat crusies in the Bahamas....I want to know the ins and outs....the pros and cons of scheduling a trip like that.....anyone been on any at all...would you do it again??

I need information !!!!

help!!:confused:

One of my students just got back from the AquaCat. In a word, the report is "Superb."
Rick

I'm in the planning stages for a Bahamas Live-Aboard. Here's an incomplete list of South Florida Operators, but I have included the Aqua cat as well (and the Ultimate Getaway which goes to the Dry Tortugas). Only the Nekton Boats and the Aqua Cat have private bathrooms (my wife ranks this very high). The Aqua cat is the most expensive, and you incur the cost of the flight to the island, and possibly a night or two in a hotel (but it is the most luxurious). Eventually, I'll have a complete list with Pros and Cons that I'll post on my website.

Sea-Clusive $1,485.00 Sugar Loaf Key, FL

Gulf Stream Eagle $1,162.50 West Palm Beach, FL

Ultimate Getaway $450.00 Ft Myers, FL

Sea Fever $1,609.86 Miami, FL

Nekton $1,754.50 Ft Lauderdale, FL

Blackbeard $930.00 Miami, FL

Aqua Cat $1,929.50 Nassau, BI

Hi NightRaven77,

I've been on many Bahamas live-aboards. In fact, you can read my triple header trip report on the Sea Fever, Bottom Time II & spanking new Nekton Rorqual in the upcoming (Feb '02) issue of "Undercurrent" http://www.undercurrent.org/.

I have not been on the Aqua Cat, but here is part of a very recent trip report by a diver who has:

"Aqua Cat Dive Cruise Report
by Hesper
Date: 2002-01-29

I have been on several liveaboards, and this boat is top notch. It is at least 50% larger than the Aggressor I have been on. The thing is not even a year old, and everything is modern and clean. They have two powered dingi's and the 28' jet boat they take for island hopping and deep sea fishing adventures. The cabins are huge with ton's of storage. It has three different decks to hang out on, so it never feels crowded. I just can't say enough about the boat and crew. Check it out on their website(www.aquacatcruises.com) if you want to see it.

The diving was pretty good too. If you like shallow dives with coral heads coming out of sand bottoms, you will love this. I am a deep wall diving type of guy myself, and we only had 4 of those, but they were great. It was a variety trip. You had a lot of 35' deep coral head dives, a couple "deep as you dare" wall dives, a couple shallow and swift moving drift dives, one wreck dive, an awesome shark feed dive, and even a blue hole dive(my first) at the end of the week. I have seen more fish in Bonaire, and better coral and walls in Little Cayman, but for an awesome combination of both, and a variety of different dive sites, the Exuma Islands via liveaboard is the way to go."

Hope you found this helpful.

DocVikingo

I haven't been on the AquaCat, only the more budget minded Blackbeard's. The price for the AquaCat is $1595 for an 8 day (5 1/2 days of diving)trip. I got their brochure in the mail today.

Hey NightRaven77, I've been on the Aqua Cat last summer and loved it. Shark dive, reef dive, blue hole, drift (fast and fun) dive, all the critters big and small. I loved it all. I'm leading a trip April 20-27, 2013 (best time to dive there!) and have room for a few more divers on the boat. There is a cabin double occupancy available and room for 1 female sharing a room with another female. The boat is spacious, smooth, mini frig in the cabin, hugh bathroom in the rooms. Great boat. The food was very good, accommodated divers with specific diets. the crew was wonderful and looked after all the divers. Had a great photo contest on board and awards handed out to most of the divers (# of dives done on the trip and # of dives total). I have a special price of $1895 all inclusive and includes alcohol, beer, and wine. Final payment is Feb 20th so if you are interested, please message me. Dive the deep blue on the Aqua Cat and see what you've been missing!

That post was so 10 years ago...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom