Aqua Lung Contact Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabillman

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any working contact information for *anyone* at Aqua Lung? I have tried reaching out to the support email address on the website but it has been bouncing (mailbox full) since sometime in February and all of my voicemails have been left unanswered.

I had my dry suit leak tested and was told the fabric is separating and it is a total loss.

Before spending money on a new suit I was hoping I could at least run the situation by someone at AL...

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what suit and how old?

Fusion Tech Aircore purchased 10/2018

I believe materials are only covered for 3 years but I *had* contacted them about a leak I was unable to locate within the 3 year warranty period. They sent me patching instructions but the problem just kept getting progressively worse.

@cabillman was your aircore made in mexico? if so, you can try to get the place you bought it to get a warranty claim on it for a replacement

otherwise, you are barking up the wrong tree as the carlsbad office got the axe and all the contact from the website still lists them. maybe try calling the aqualung canada office in BC to get you info for someone left at the east coast office.

Fusion Tech Aircore purchased 10/2018

I believe materials are only covered for 3 years but I *had* contacted them about a leak I was unable to locate within the 3 year warranty period. They sent me patching instructions but the problem just kept getting progressively worse.

That was my guess.

@cabillman was your aircore made in mexico? if so, you can try to get the place you bought it to get a warranty claim on it for a replacement

otherwise, you are barking up the wrong tree as the carlsbad office got the axe and all the contact from the website still lists them. maybe try calling the aqualung canada office in BC to get you info for someone left at the east coast office.

I bought my Fusion Tech AirCore around the same time. It had the Mexican-made AirCore and it leaked from the first dive. My dealer got me a replacement liner which was made in Canada and was fine. I subsequently bought a used Bullet with a just replaced core (CA-made) and it has been good too for the few Dives I've used it.

If you can, get them to give you a CA-made core! It may be hard, as in addition to their overall troubles, Aqualung dropped the line and spun-off/sold-to a reformed Whites Drywear (Frank White Re-Acquires Whites - New Company Named Whites Drywear - DiveNewswire)

I had always thought that it somehow related to improper seam sealing technique or materials when the production got moved to the Mexican plant. However I had a a very interesting conversation with someone who has firsthand knowledge of the history and they indicated that the problem was with the AirCore material itself, not specifically the seam sealing. I don't know if the material was somehow a bad batch, mis-handled, or what. It could also be incorrect I guess. It was suggested to me that diving with too little air makes things worse - unfortunately, I like diving the Fusions with just enough air to prevent squeeze.

FWIW, Whites is NOT using the AirCore material in their new Fusion series that I looked at last weekend.

That was my guess.

I bought my Fusion Tech AirCore around the same time. It had the Mexican-made AirCore and it leaked from the first dive. My dealer got me a replacement liner which was made in Canada and was fine. I subsequently bought a used Bullet with a just replaced core (CA-made) and it has been good too for the few Dives I've used it.

If you can, get them to give you a CA-made core! It may be hard, as in addition to their overall troubles, Aqualung dropped the line and spun-off/sold-to a reformed Whites Drywear (Frank White Re-Acquires Whites - New Company Named Whites Drywear - DiveNewswire)

I had always thought that it somehow related to improper seam sealing technique or materials when the production got moved to the Mexican plant. However I had a a very interesting conversation with someone who has firsthand knowledge of the history and they indicated that the problem was with the AirCore material itself, not specifically the seam sealing. I don't know if the material was somehow a bad batch, mis-handled, or what. It could also be incorrect I guess. It was suggested to me that diving with too little air makes things worse - unfortunately, I like diving the Fusions with just enough air to prevent squeeze.

FWIW, Whites is NOT using the AirCore material in their new Fusion series that I looked at last weekend.

When I reached out to them about the issue a few years ago I was told the suit was not made in Mexico since it was a custom suit. However the issue sounds similar so maybe you are onto something regarding the material itself.

My LDS is usually fantastic. Unfortunately the response I got back from this one was basically that sucks and call aqualung.

@runsongas Thanks for the tip regarding the office. I couldn't find the BC contact info but I did find an another european support email. I reached out to that one for now.

At least that message didn't bounce...

in any case, you should probably hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom