Toothpaste stuck in mask frame...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titan8883

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently cleaned my new mask with toothpaste, but after rinsing there seemes to be some toothpaste stuck under the frame of my mask (i have a cressi-sub big eyes). Is this a problem? or is it okay to just have it dissolve away over time?

I doubt it would hurt the skirt if that is what you are asking, but if you get toothpaste in your eyes, it'll hurt like H-E double hockey sticks. :11:
I would do my best to get it out of there. You might try soaking it in warm water for a while.

Take it to the shower and rinse it under a bit of force.

Now you did it! :11:

I'm afraid you no choice but to go diving with it now .... as much as possible! That should take care of the problem. :wink:

I found a water-pick to be useful in removing the undesirable knowns and unknowns from the cracks and seams of my mask.

Titan8883:
I recently cleaned my new mask with toothpaste, but after rinsing there seemes to be some toothpaste stuck under the frame of my mask (i have a cressi-sub big eyes). Is this a problem? or is it okay to just have it dissolve away over time?

electric toothbrush to get that stuff out. It works wonders - just be sure to get one that has a small head.

I use qtips to clean the gunk from under the skirt that I cant get with a soft clean cloth. But I agree that you have done it now. Get to diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom