opinions on Cressi and Genesis open-heel fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need to replace a widowed pair of Dacor Pursuits (lost one reentering the boat after a night dive in Bimini) and was wondering about these. My local LDS carries Genesis and Cressi, and not much else at the moment. I recall one of the Genesis models as being a funky-looking swiss-cheese-like design that is supposedly a hot seller. Any opinions on which ones I should consider would be welcome. thx

cheers,

Billy S.

I just replaced my Cressi Space Frogs with some Cressi Rondines. Both are excellent fins for rec diving IMO. I have no problems doing frogkicks, helicopter turns or backing up in them (backing up takes some practise though with any fin).

The only complaint I have about the Space Frogs is that one cracked badly after about 3 years, and I'm yet to figure out how to attach spring straps to the Rondines, which don't have the usual "stem" protruding from the size of the fin - the buckle is a new proprietary design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom