Back from Yellowstone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy, Ya all! A little cowboy talk I brought back from Wyoming.
Just a note about my new digital camera, C-5050, I was plesantly surprized with the land performance. I will have to try and upload some pictures. It's amazing how fast a 512MB compact flash card will fill up! Even at SHQ file size. Still they had a new Kodak machine at the Old Faithfull visitors center and I was able to view and print out some of the lesser images. They had the machine for a week, someone didnt send the Kodak disc's with it so I was unable to empty the cards I had. The software worked quite well in the Kodak machine, better in fact than the the software Olympus provides with the camera, which leads me to a question. Where can I purchase a copy of Photoshop at a good price? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I did try the camera underwater yesterday at Titlow state park in Washington. I havent ordered up the strobe yet (I am still recovering from taking four teenagers to Yellowstone) so I was shooting in Macro mode with the focus on program setting. It is a adjustment lining up objects with the tiny viewer, still I ended up with some interesting photos. Still I was disappointed with the green images of the white Plumose Anemone, so I went to the web any found a nice thread about setting the manual white balance and turning off the internal strobe. I will give this a shot today. Which leads me to the second question of this thread, if I am permitted, if you use this technique what do you carry with you as a sample? Thanks!

By the way never get within ten feet of a Buffalo, unless you want you own version of "Running with the Bull's " Thank goodness he wasn't really interested in me!

Howdy, Ya'll! That's the Texas version! :D

DoubleDip:
Where can I purchase a copy of Photoshop at a good price? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Check Amazon.com or the Olympus site for Photoshop Elements. Or your local computer store. Regular retail is $99 but you can frequently find them with in store rebates.

It is a adjustment lining up objects with the tiny viewer, still I ended up with some interesting photos.
Are you talking about the tiny viewfinder? The monitor is what most everyone uses.

Still I was disappointed with the green images of the white Plumose Anemone, so I went to the web any found a nice thread about setting the manual white balance and turning off the internal strobe. I will give this a shot today. Which leads me to the second question of this thread, if I am permitted, if you use this technique what do you carry with you as a sample? Thanks!
I carry a small dive slate with me, or if it's available, use a patch of white sand.

By the way never get within ten feet of a Buffalo, unless you want you own version of "Running with the Bull's " Thank goodness he wasn't really interested in me!

Do you have a picture of that one? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom