Dusk shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice, Steve! Eerie

wetman:
Hi,

Sunday, i thought i'd try some lower light, slightly longer exposure shots on a shipwreck we have here in ontario. Took a small tripod down with me. I have a larger one i'm going to try next time.

http://www.stevehoughton.com/gaskin/

steve

Very nice, Steve...good backlighting.

Nice effect for sure. What kind of exposure times are we talking? Definitely look forward to more. Manual white balance? How deep is the wreck?

bubble blower:
Nice effect for sure. What kind of exposure times are we talking? Definitely look forward to more. Manual white balance? How deep is the wreck?

Well, anywhere from 1/15 to 1/2 second. much too long for my shaky hands to get a clear shot. i had it on iso 200 as well so it was more sensitive, but i removed the noise from my original shots. I take all my shots raw now so i can post process the white balance correctly after the fact. Lets you have to manually white balance fewer times on a dive ( i take an 8x11 plastic card with me some times to do that with). Next time i'll try it when its slightly darker down there as well and do some multi-second exposures when i take the full tripod down there. half of these shots from the ground i'm actually upside down with my fins straight up so i can get a decent view into the lcd to compose the shot. must look pretty stupid i'm sure. Just wanted to try that shutter speed though to see if the flecks would show up. they didnt, so i'll try some slower ones in darker water next time.

that wreck is about 70 feet at the bottom there.

steve

i love those pictures... very nice indeed

they have much character

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom