Wednesday's (August 11) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
billboard.jpg

VIEW PHOTOS

very nice

are the cones toxic?

H2Andy:
very nice

are the cones toxic?

Both Cones can inflict a sting. The Textile Cone is said to be lethal. This one was an empty shell which I collected.

Pucker up! Nice!

Wow! Great shot of the boxy...how many frames/minutes did you have to wait til he turned for that one?!?

You collected the shell? Not a marine reserve around where you dive? Guess I just assumed it was - don't know why! Just so used to the no touch, no take policy here...it's much different in Perth, but I've been here a long time and it feels "normal" now!

Very nice! haven't been doing as much diving lately, hu?

nice pic of the spotted boxfish. I like the cones, too and the shrimp, oh heck, I like them all.

alcina:
Wow! Great shot of the boxy...how many frames/minutes did you have to wait til he turned for that one?!?

You collected the shell? Not a marine reserve around where you dive? Guess I just assumed it was - don't know why! Just so used to the no touch, no take policy here...it's much different in Perth, but I've been here a long time and it feels "normal" now!

No, not a marine reserve. Molokini Crater is, Ahihi Kinau Reserve in South Maui, and Honolua Bay on the West side. However, it is illegal to take coral from anywhere, whether dead or alive. You also have to have a permit to collect fish for your aquarium. The permit is free and is good for one year.

Sorry I'm late, but been working a lot - great stuff as usual!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom