crystalVu with purge valve.... (take2;-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skymaster

Reaction score
Hello Peolpe!!!!

I am planning to buy the CrystalVu with purge valve but I am quite new to diving... so I would like to collect some information on this mask.

Ciao Skymaster.

skymaster:
Hello Peolpe!!!!

I am planning to buy the CrystalVu with purge valve but I am quite new to diving... so I would like to collect some information on this mask.

Ciao Skymaster.

I've got the same mask without the purge. I tried both and realized that the purge valve rubbed against my nose. The mask is alright. It took me awhile to get used to it since i had never used a mask with a clear skirt. But I payed way too mush for it so I made myself use it.

That said the crystalVu puts alot of pressure on my upper lip so after a couple of dives it gets sore. I don't have that problem with my Dacor mask (circa 1985). So I sometimes end up using the Dacor after a couple of days of repetitive diving.

You might want to search in this forum for "purge" if you haven't already and read some general comments on purge valves. Some people do like them but many others think they are a bad idea.

I have it and mine works great , to be honest you nned to find a mask that fits you. this means if nothing else go to local dive shop and try them on and makes sure it fits !!!

Back
Top Bottom