Dive Computer Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a dive computer that is economical and reliable (if the two go together right?) and a website if any where I can make my purchase. I do not need all the bells and whistles just the standard basic features.

Well.... there is already tons of information available on this topic right here on this website. Do a search or just look through some of the threads in this forum and I'm sure you'll find the information you need.

I bought an Aeris Atmos 2 at www.scubatoys.com $270 + tax (or + shipping if you're not local to Dallas.) Does Nitrox too. You may want to look at the August 2004 Scuba Diver Magazine - has a comparison of several models. It looks like each manufacturer favors one or another math model (fancy word is ALGORITHM). Net is while there are some minor feature differences, the model used makes a BIG difference on multi-level repetitive dives.

If nothing else, it's a great tutorial on how these wonders work.

It's worth your time to shop, because things like readability and ability to punch button(s) while gloved certainly play into your choices.

If you can't find the magazine, send me a note and I'll send images of the article.

markdone@charter.net

there's so much to choose from.
there are types that you wear on your wrist, on your hose, with signalling so you have it on your wrist and it is a hoseless finimeter as well.
personally i have the suunto stinger. it's nitrox capable, has 2 timezones, free dive, all the safety bits, etc. too tired to describe. me likes it.

Don't know if you caught it on another thread... but Aeris comes with a full manufacturers warranty... But they just ended their $100 off special they were running... But for board members, give me a call and I'll extend that to you guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom