Manta Ray from Nasi Penida, Bali, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
Just back from a rocking 4 days of diving off of Bali, Indonesia. Mantas, Molas, Whitetips and the USS Liberty wreck all included.

Only looked at this one image seriously so far - using it as my windows backdrop on my laptop. There looks to be several better, but if I start looking at these now I will never finish the last dives of my Phillippines trip and I promised myself I will always process images in the order I take them. his one is a good teaser if I am right and will motivate me :)

2004_0829_132756AA_2.jpg

On this dive there were over 8 Mantas circling a shallow set of rocks directly on the coast of the south of the island of Nusa Pedina. The local dive ops naturally call the site "Manta Point". For once a dive site name matches the critters you will actually see.

Max depth was 30 ft, but the really cool encounters happen on top of the rock in 8-10 ft of water or occasionally less. Combine this with massive wave action and surge, and this can be one rocking dive.

Enjoy,
M

Oh, my god that is such an awesome picture. you are lucky to be able to dive with them. Some day i'll be able to do that..well, i did see one in Costa Rica a few yrs. back

Excellent photo and an equally excellent experience.

Wow, an awesome shot.
A pity the wing tip it just cut off though.

Bellissima!!!

Back
Top Bottom