Citizen HyperAqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtlanticDiver:
how is the Citizen HyperAqualand dive watch?
I have the hyperAquland and love it. I wear it every day and use it as a backup to my computer on every dive. It is also much easier to get the log information from the watch than my computer. Very easy to download the dive profiles from the watch to you pc as wel..

AtlanticDiver:
how is the Citizen HyperAqualand dive watch?
Got mine for Christmas. It goes on every dive. Only problem is the band is not long enough to fit over my 7mm so it gets hung on my BC inflator hose. Not much use there except for a logging device.

You can make an extension for the band easy enough, but since I won my second computer at a treasure hunt, I don't need to be able to read the watch as a backup.

Agree on the alarm.....tuchy sob but I love the watch. It is always within a minute and a foot of my dive computer. As stated before very easy to down load.

I have a question... why do some of you use it as a back up??? would it be good enough for the only device to have, for someone like me who is just starting out and maybe only diving a couple of times a year? I was really looking into purchasing this watch, cant beat the price, and it seems to do alot?
thanks
FLOOD

Flood:
I have a question... why do some of you use it as a back up??? would it be good enough for the only device to have, for someone like me who is just starting out and maybe only diving a couple of times a year? I was really looking into purchasing this watch, cant beat the price, and it seems to do alot?
thanks
FLOOD
To put it simply, that is the exact reason my wife bought me mine and I used it continuously as just that, my primary dive computer. Works fine. Just doesn't have all the capabilities of a regular dive computer.

Does a great job of telling you how deep you are, how long you've been down, telling you it's time to ascend, what the water temp is, and to slow down when ascending to fast. You just have to watch it just like any other computer.

You should still use your tables to determine your basic profile for the dive during planning, as always.

I have been diving with mine for awhile and its an awesome watch.. If you are doing more then 2 dives perday I would highly recommend a computer. I am in the process of buying a computer but I highly recommend to learn the tables inside and out first. I know alot of people with a computer that could not use a table if they had to..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom