Ventura Beach Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cafka

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't been diving in a while(4 months) and recently i've been motivated to go, from all the good visibility I've been hearing about.
Ideally, I'd like to go on a beach dive due to time constraints(school, work, etc.). But I haven't heard of any beach dive sites in Ventura. We have surf spots, but no dive spots.
I know of La Jennelle in Oxnard and Mussel Shoals, out by Rincon Island. It seems like all the good sites are down the PCH(Leo, Deer Creek, Paradise Cove).

Can anybody recommend any good beach dives in the Ventura area?

Thanks

Check out Dale Scheckler's "Giude to Southern California Beach Diving", he hit's most of the good spots!

Ventua has beaches?
Seriously, from looking at Dale Schleckler's guide, there is not a lot to choose from. I don't know if this is because there are no spots are just a shortage of population to explore. Check with the local dive shops like Peace diving and ask them. Other wise, start exploring and let us know what you find. One spot we have already heard about is on PCH south where the big rock is on the ocean side of PCH. Diver did that spot, hard climb down and up and nothing to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom