Veteran's Park @ Redondo Sat. 9/25 7am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
David (dazedone) and I are going to dive Veteran's Park/Redondo @ 7am this Sat. Sept. 25.

Anybody want to join us for some fun?

Hey Jim, you could bring your weights! It will be a blast! :D

Christian

headhunter:
David (dazedone) and I are going to dive Veteran's Park/Redondo @ 7am this Sat. Sept. 25.

Anybody want to join us for some fun?

Hey Jim, you could bring your weights! It will be a blast! :D

Christian

Wish I could come.. but I will be in Cozumel thinking about all of you in the cold water :). Enjoy and I look forward to your trip report!

sapphire:
Wish I could come.. but I will be in Cozumel thinking about all of you in the cold water :). Enjoy and I look forward to your trip report!
Well we wish you could be there too, but it sounds like you'll be diving somewhere just a bit better than Redondo! :crafty:

And, of course, we will be looking forward to YOUR trip report!

Now about that cold water comment... considering the water has been in the mid 70s around here, it may not be a whole lot different in Coz. :eyebrow:

Given that we're having some Santa Ana conditions, the water in the canyon off Redondo might be really clear!

We'll miss you!

Christian

I'll be at the chocolate lobster dive at cabrillo beach on sat. But I hope you guys see some cool critters in the canyon!

Thanks, I'd join you guys but Redondo canyon is too deep for me until I get some more dives in.

mccabejc:
Thanks, I'd join you guys but Redondo canyon is too deep for me until I get some more dives in.
Jim, the rim of the canyon is at about 45 feet and I'm not planning a trip to the bottom! :11:

I intend on keeping the dive fairly shallow, since I've recently gotten back in the water. Our dives in Catalina felt really comfortable (like riding a bike) and I felt this was the next step in progressively more difficult dives. Note I didn't say that I thought this was a difficult dive.

I intend to drop into the canyon no deeper than about 60 - 75 feet. Since my SAC is still high and I'm diving an AL 80, I'd rather get more dive time at a shallower depth. Time in the water is what I need more than anything else now. I'll leave the deeper dives alone until my skills are clearly back up to a point where I can dive doubles again. But things need to become "automatic" again first.

With the Santa Ana conditions, I'm hoping that we have a nice upwelling out of the canyon. This might provide some really nice vis and we may see lots of critters coming up from the depths of the canyon for a peek. :crafty:

Come on out! It'll be fun! I think a Redondo dive is one of the easiest dives on the coast.

Christian

I'm not planning to go deep either. 70ft tops. So Christian and I are in sync on this one. Really just going to practice my skills and make sure all my gear is OK before I head off to the liveaboard in Tobago next week.

Sorry,

Saturday: I'm going on the Sundiver to Catalina.
Sunday: I'll be shoring @ Malibu

ICE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom