Wakatobi w/ D70's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdietz

Contributor
Reaction score
Kimberly and I returned last week from a 17 day adventure to Wakatobi Dive Resort, Sulawesi in Indonesia.

We had a fabulous time....1st trip to the Pacific and 1st trip with our D70's.....we were very happy with both....we found the D70/Ikelite combination to be very easy to use underwater....we had no problem adjusting to the viewfinder and I now find it easier to compose shots with the viewfinder vs a LCD screen....that was a surprise

The diving was all we had hoped for in respect to fish life and reef diversity....the clarity during our trip could have been better.....75' max I'd guess.....the regulars said this wasn't normal, but it certainly didn't tarnish the trip

I've spent the last few days and countless hours preparing photos for posting on our webpage....please visit and let us know what you think...

http://www.kdietz.com

Karl

Really nice pics Karl. I took a peek earlier from DD.....

Certainly looks like you got the hang of that DSLR!

Karl...I spent over an hour last night looking at your great photos. Fantastic!

Great, stuff! Wonderful variety. What were you using before the Nik D70? Are you happy with the digital image vs film?

SteveB

When were you at Wakatobi exactly? I was also there a few weeks ago. Great place! Blade was super i thought.

Thanks for the nice words....after all the planning, saving, and organizing it's a bonus to come home with good results :D

We were in Wakatobi Sept. 7 -17....all the sites were good, but we especially liked Roma and Pastel

We've never shot film underwater...digital from the start with Nikon cp5000 and Olympus c4040

Karl

Crazy. These are fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
How much more do I want a D70 now. How much do I want to go back to Indo now.
Is the viewfinder magnified? Are you finding yourself less aware of whats going on around you when using the viewfinder?

Back
Top Bottom