Hoseless DiveMaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowieDean

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Have always followed the "Keep It Simple" path but am getting tired of hoses.
What is the general opion of current hoseless air intigrated computers.
Think about Oceanic cause I'f always had good luck with their stuff.

I work in Honduras for six months in the summer and was wondering if other divemasters are comfortable with the hoseless rigs.

Thanks

I've been diving, divemastering and instructing using hoseless air-integrated computers for several years and have experienced no problems with the units. For a long time I used the Suunto Vytec and now use the Oceanic VT Pro. The only problem that occasionally occurs is that the VT Pro once in a while loses signal - but that is more a result of where my hands are in relation to the transmitter on the first stage. It always regains signal if I momentarily place my hand back by the transmitter for a couple of seconds. The biggest difference between the two is that the Oceanic is very liberal and very sensitive to ascent rate while the Suunto is exceptionally conservative. One feature that I do like about the Oceanic is that the 3-minute safety stop countdown is in minutes and seconds while the Suunto just shows minutes. Service from both companies has been excellent here in the states - but my concern would be that in the 3 trips I have been on to the Bay Islands - especially Roatan, I've never noticed any availability of service (if needed) in that area.

Back
Top Bottom