where to buy lenses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee3

Contributor
Reaction score
hi all, i plan on ordering 3 lenses for a digital rebel (sigma 15mm FE, 50mm macro, and 105mm macro) and was wondering where i can find them the cheapest. I searched biz rate and got a few stores but they were all the same price. Are there any discount web stores that i may have missed that others use? thanks in advance

Lee:

Maybe not be the cheapest but IMHO the best service and up front about USA vs. Gray Market. I have bot a lot of stuff from these folks and they have stood behind everything they sold. Go to bhphotovideo.com

---Bob

B&H Photo, as suggested, is a top outfit - never had any problems. They can be a bit higher in price, though.

I have used Smile Photo out of New York many times over the past 9 years. I have never had a problem with them and they have had some great prices on stuff I needed. Never been pressured to buy more nor been told something is suddenly unavailable when I didn't add more stuff to my original request.

buydig.com also had great service and good prices when I needed something earlier this year. No pressure sales, just a friendly "if you need anything else, just let us know."

As always, YMMV.

adorama.com

Lee, I use either B & H Photo or Adorama, depending on which one has what I want in stock.

All the best, James

BHphoto is certainly reliable, and that is a primary consideration. Be very careful of those discount sites that offer really low low prices as the trouble you will get is not worth the discount, if you even get the product you ordered. I like 17th street photo, like BH they may not be the cheapest (compare between to two as prices can vary) but they don't bait and switch, don't sell grey market, and they ship fast. Before using any online merchant for a large purchase check out resellerratings.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom