If you thought the middle east was dangerous (NDR or UWPR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Well would you believe it........

I got home last friday after my two weeks in Sharm having missed the bombs and everything and thought i'd be safe enough in sleepy little Jersey. Then I went out on saturday night to do my part time photography job and I get attacked by some yob in the street!!! :11:

The result - 10 stitches in my head, two split and swollen lips!!!

161004%20180.jpg

161004%20181.jpg

I do hope you are OK and that it will soon heal.
Gosh - I'm really sorry that such a thing happened to you.
So next time - be careful, please....
Mania

OUCH! Stitches and a goose egg to boot! Nice color in that photo, great composition...What camera did they use? :wink:

Seriously...isn't it amazing that the danger we should be watching out for is on our own backyards? I'm hope you got your share of licks in, too! Take care of yourself....

Damn, what ever happened to homeland security?

Joe

That's just not right!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone....i'm sure i'll be fine in a few days time. At least I can take solice in the fact that the police have the name of the assailant, so he should be getting his dues!!

The police have also told me to claim for compensation on a scheme that is run locally for victims of crime - minimum payout is £750, so with the stitches and few other cuts and scrapes, I might have enough for a new lens or two !!! :wink:

Thankfully the S2, lens and flash all escaped injury, just a cracked lens hood, although by the time i'm healed the sea temperature / viz will be pretty poor, so it might be March/April next year before I get to dive again :frown: :frown:

Back
Top Bottom