UW Video Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm new to UW video. I just bought an Ikelite housing for my Sony TRV-520 cancorder. I've taken it out to the local quarry to test drive it. When I look at the playback, everything has a greenish tint to it. Could it be my camera or just the water conditions? I want to has this out in the next couple of weeks so there are no issues when I take it to Bonaire in the spring.

Also, for you video editting people out there. Where can I find free music to use for my videos. I'm looking for music only, no singing. I'd like to find some free music to see how my editing skills are before I start purchasing more.

Thanks.

Duane

jhnsndn:
I'm new to UW video. I just bought an Ikelite housing for my Sony TRV-520 cancorder. I've taken it out to the local quarry to test drive it. When I look at the playback, everything has a greenish tint to it. Could it be my camera or just the water conditions? I want to has this out in the next couple of weeks so there are no issues when I take it to Bonaire in the spring.

Also, for you video editting people out there. Where can I find free music to use for my videos. I'm looking for music only, no singing. I'd like to find some free music to see how my editing skills are before I start purchasing more.

Thanks.

Duane
Assuming that the colors are correct on the surface then it's probably the water color. Is the quarry water clear? or greenish? Do you have a red filter with your housing? I've read on this board that there are specific red/orange filters designed to miminize the green effect when filming in lakes.

Most housings use a red filter to remove the blue (you'll need one in Bonaire) between 10-60', after that you'll generally need lights to compensate. From what I've read, it's a different colored filter for blue than for green.

Some editing programs include royalty free music - Pinnacle Studio 9 is one. A lot of people stretch the "personal use" copyright rules figuring the RIAA has bigger issues than personal videomakers.

I use the Sony TRV520 as well. I needed to get a Filter to correct for Blue water. You most likely need to pick up one for green water as well.

Just the word quarry makes me think it is the water conditions, not the camera. You'll never get blues like the stuff you see on tv in cold green water.

As for music, do you mean free no charge or free as in royalty free?

For royalty free you should be able to pick up cds at the local music shop, they are more expensive than regular cds though.

Do you know where I can pick up the filters for my Ikelite housing? It came with a filter, but it doesn't fit on the dome port.

I'm looking for free music, not royalty free. Otherwise, I may just breakdown and buy a CD or two.

Thanks.

jhnsndn:
Do you know where I can pick up the filters for my Ikelite housing? It came with a filter, but it doesn't fit on the dome port.
Thanks.
Is it Threaded? If so a pro camera store might have something.

Try these people:
http://www.urprofilters.com/

jhnsndn:
No, it is not threaded. The filter is supposed to just go over the dome port. But it is about 1/4" short and won't fit over the port.
If you bought it new, sounds like Ikelite sent you the wrong one.

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/videoone.html
EXTERNAL FILTER

#6441.41 ....... 3.0" dia port
#6441.42 ....... 3.6" dia port
#6441.43 ....... 4.2" dia port

Removable external UR/Pro color correcting filters available to fit three port sizes.
This filter is included with many Ikelite housings. $ 70 each.
Maybe it's cheaper from URProfilters, it's who they get them from.

Back
Top Bottom