What's Your Favourite U/W Camcorder & Digital Cam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

four_engines

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Please tell us what's your favourite amateur u/w video camcorder and digital camera, and why? Thanks!

F/E

OH Boy! What a question! But I'll give it a shot.
Right now I would say that I am an Oly fan. I have two different Oly cameras and am very satisfied with both of them and the service that I have gotten from Olympus. Of the two that I have I favor my 5050, because of the options, possiblities and resolutions. Also a plus is the affordable housing.
I am thinking of getting a DSLR in the future....so my thoughts might change, but for now it would be the 5050

My favorite? Well, it has a bunch of shortcomings, but so far I like my Canon A40 digital much better than either the Motormarine MX-10 or the Kodak disposable I've used. I wish I could say I've tried them all and think X is best, but unfortunately my underwater camera budget has been pretty limited.

Fuji S2:-

No shutter lag
Excellent choice of lenses
12.1 million pixels (interpolated) (6.1 Effective)
At the time it was the only DSLR offering UW TTL

These are what i have.

Sony TRV950 3 CCD video and Gates Housing

Why? I like the colour of a 3 chip as opposed to 1 chip

Nikon D70 with Aquatica housing
Wny? because i have lots of Nikon lenses and Aquatica makes a great housing

four_engines:
Hi all

Please tell us what's your favourite amateur u/w video camcorder and digital camera, and why? Thanks!

F/E

Sony TRV900 and Gates housing. As good as the Sony 950 that replaced it and while not as sharp or good in low light as the Sony 2100 it's a fraction of the size and weight.

Back
Top Bottom