Suunto Tech Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got an email into Suunto with some tech questions, and I've been waiting a week now with no response. Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Suunto? It would be nice to have a support phone number so I could talk to someone directly, but I guess that's out.

What are those question, we may be able to help..........

Here's the questions, both involving the Cobra:

1. The Cobra manual says that for a recommended safety stop, the "STOP" indicator should come on when you are between 10 and 20ft., and stay on while it counts down the 3 minute stop. But the STOP indicator doesn't always come on. Often it will just have the countdown number, but no "STOP" indicator.

2. The manual says that "with every dive over 10 meters (30ft.) the instrument has a 3 minute countdown for the recommended safety stop..." In fact, with some actual and simulated dives in the 30-40 ft. range, there is no safety stop indication (neither STOP nor countdown time).

I have called Suunto tech support and found them quite helpful.
They even speak English!
I got the number from there web site for you.
Bill

Tel: +358 9 875 870

Thanks. Saw that, but I think the cost of call from LA to Finland is probably more than the cost of the Cobra :11:

Jim,

Try calling AquaLung. They are in Vista which is a little closer than Finland. Suunto is an AquaLung partner. Repairs on Suuntos are actually done at AquaLung.

Main Office:
Aqua Lung USA
2340 Cousteau Court
Vista, CA. 92081
Phone: (760-) 597-5000
Fax: (760) 597-4900

Aqualung Customer Support Department:
support@aqualung.com

Good luck.

Aqualung, my friend, don't you start away uneasy. You poor old sod you see, it's only me. Do you still remember December's foggy freeze? When the ice that clings on to your beard is screaming agony. And you snatch your rattling last breaths with deep-sea-diver sounds....

If anyone has any question about why they named the company Aqualung, the mystery is solved. Coincidence?? I think not.

I wonder if the CEO's first name is Jethro....

Thanks Ann Marie.

I have e-mailed them many times, often with questions from this board and always received a response within 24 to 48 hours depending on day of week.

mccabejc:
Here's the questions, both involving the Cobra:

1. The Cobra manual says that for a recommended safety stop, the "STOP" indicator should come on when you are between 10 and 20ft., and stay on while it counts down the 3 minute stop. But the STOP indicator doesn't always come on. Often it will just have the countdown number, but no "STOP" indicator.

2. The manual says that "with every dive over 10 meters (30ft.) the instrument has a 3 minute countdown for the recommended safety stop..." In fact, with some actual and simulated dives in the 30-40 ft. range, there is no safety stop indication (neither STOP nor countdown time).
What is the time at 32 Feet (10 meters)? My Cobra after an 8 minute dive to 32 feet will give me a STOP between 20-10 feet for a 3 minute safety count. But a 5 minute bounce dive will not trigger this. Note the STOP does not come on until you are at 19 feet or so.

I also note, that on its own in SIMDIVE, my Cobra is an air hog. That remaining air time really disappears.

Regarding the first question I raised, I just did a simulation with max depth of 60 ft., and during the ascent, when the depth is just under 20ft., the display on the simulation switches from showing "NO DEC TIME" and a number, to just the number 3 (for the recommended safety stop countdown). No STOP indicator.

Regarding the second question, I just did a simulation of 32 ft. deep dive, for 8 minutes, then ascent for another 12 minutes. When the ascent passes above 24ft., the display goes from "NO DEC TIME 178" to "NO DEC TIME - -". It stays that way all the way to the surface. Never says STOP, and never counts down.

Back
Top Bottom