Don't buy a Deep Blu Cosmiq+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Painter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I first bought one in November of 2021. I liked the ease of charging the battery, the Bluetooth connection to the ap on my phone, and the ap on my phone. I did approximately 20 dives with it and then after one dive, the log told me that I had made a dive to over 1200 feet for five minutes. Figuring that the computer was defective I rented a computer (I was in Roatan), and contacted Deep Blu's customer support. They eventually sent me a new one. I did not get a chance to use the new one until a few weeks ago, and after nine dives the new computer told me that I had again done a dive to over 1200 feet! As a result I have decided that I just can't trust Deep Blu's computers. I have been trying repeatedly to get an answer from their customer support, but even though I have sent a number of emails over the last few weeks, the only response I got was from a person saying that he was on vacation and that I should contact somebody else. I would call that the opposite of customer service. I would avoid this company. I hold out a small hope for a refund, and if I get one I will post that information here.

I had a charging cable fail and contacted them a couple weeks ago. It took them about three days to respond but said they were replacing it and sent me a tracking invoice from China. Maybe not the greatest customer service but they are there.

I got the replacement charging cable from China. In the interim I had purchased another so that I have two. Since my last post I was back in the Keys and did several dives including two on the Vandenburg to 122 and 105 respectively. I did find the Cosmiq extremely conservative at depths below 100. I'm not a huge fan of the Cosmiq but mine seems to be working. Also, the Cosmiq does upload to Subsurface which is a big plus so that you are no locked into Deepblu's walled garden app. What is bothersome is the number of non-working ones for sale on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom