Manta Ray Video Clips, Kona HI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning a trip to Kona in February 2006. You're making me drool. I'm afraid I'd be so exicted I'd suck out all my air in short order.

StingRob,

The file is huge. If you have a slow download connection, it might take awhile before the clip begins playing.

StingRob:
Cannot see a thing...

10X,

I was told that there is 70% chance they show up. I was so lucky that they showed up everyday that week.

It happened at 30 feet of water and they limit the sighting to 30-45 mins. I'm sure you'll have plenty of air left.

Different dive boats will co-operate and they will join up under campfire-like underwater. If you are the last group to leave, they will follow your light back to the boat. They will come up to the surface asking for more light. :)

Have fun in Feb.

10X:
I'm planning a trip to Kona in February 2006. You're making me drool. I'm afraid I'd be so exicted I'd suck out all my air in short order.

Oh I see your attachment. It looks like you have an older version of windows media player. Is that the case?

I used windows media 9 codec to compress videos. I think you need at least version 9 to view.

StingRob:
Cannot see a thing...

10-12 of them showed up. I lost count at one point. Very exciting.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
AWESOME video, thanks for sharing...how many of them were there? 6...8?

Possible, I'll try from home I may have better chances..

nap:
Oh I see your attachment. It looks like you have an older version of windows media player. Is that the case?

I used windows media 9 codec to compress videos. I think you need at least version 9 to view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom