Sunday: Dive One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Depsite strobe and camera problems I had a great dive this morning. Not as many photos as I wanted because my batteries piked for no apparent reason only minutes into the dive. I was able to force out a few extra shots, but not many.

Here's a pretty lionfish...not very cooperative as I was able to only get this shot before he turned his tail to me and pushed under the ledge. I love the way his bright white spots stand out!
8823face.jpg

Then there's this good sized eel who's had it a bit hard. Lots of scars and his left eye is completely milky. On his right eye there are all speckles - almost look like sand particles or something. We couldn't figure it out, but assume he's going to lose that eye too...I can see them in my copy, not sure if they will show up in Save for Web!
8823oneeye2.jpg

Doing another dive later today and hope to have better luck with batteries!

Hey, Alcina those are great shots.....even if you had problems with the strobe. did you get it to function after all??

nice lionfish shot! as well as the Moray. I have seen some large eels here on Guam with the milky eyes as well.

Very cool! I have seen a couple of eels (and even our cat!) that had milky eyes from some kind of fight. I am pretty much on first name terms with most of the eels on the Sea Tiger, so I tell which are the resident eels and which are newbies....anyway of those that are residents with coulded eyes, the eyes seem to clear back up after a while....

Back
Top Bottom