Trumpet Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

False advertising!

Since you posted in the "Altered Realities" section I was expecting something like trumpet fish altered have a real trumpet at the mouth section!

Here's my version of the evil eye.

Yes, those really are tires in the background. St Anthony's wreck and tire farm, Maui.

Was not sure where to put it, there is no section to put a photo in and see what others think.
Question in your photo the mouth area looks like 1/2 photo and 1/2 x ray did you do this or is it just the way the light hits it?

cdiver2:
Question in your photo the mouth area looks like 1/2 photo and 1/2 x ray did you do this or is it just the way the light hits it?
The mouth area on some trumpetfish is kind of translucent. The effect was also accentuated because I overcorrected on the color (I had my monitor cranked up too high on blue).

Here's the original photo, no retouching or cropping other than resampling to get it small enough to attach. Also changed the orientation to the vertical that it really was.

Just available light, no flash. Depth was about 65'.

Only eels and turtles are better models than trumpetfish. They don't seem to mind a diver getting up close, and they have even shadowed me for several minutes, probably hoping to sneak up on something distracted by my approach.

cdiver2:
there is no section to put a photo in and see what others think.
Sure there is! the main UW Photography forum :D

Back
Top Bottom