one more turtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
this was shot at the same place but all I had was a very expired roll of Velvia 50 asa film, and on a overcast day to boot, so it is a bit darker than I like.

But as you can see Velvia also known as "Disneychrome" produces vivid colors. No color correction was done to this scan. another note that "Expired" Velvia tends to produce very deep blues. this roll is like 4 years past its "use by date" it has also benn through god knows how many airport scanners and left to bake in my home on Guam for a year.

edit: I was curious so I just checked the Turtles shell and flipper patterns on this shot and the last one I posted. - same turtle! there are at least 7 of them at the site, but I guess this one likes me!

Image by Chris Bangs (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

ScubaBOBuba:
Another great shot Chris. I would have blown a roll on this guy.

---Bob

Two rolls to be exact! :wink:

Dang that is a pretty shot! Guess you should bake more film for 4 years before using!

wow- I know NOTHING about the art of UW Photography, but I just stumbled onto this forum and.... wow. that is an AMAZING shot!

hopefully you will take many more.

~~ Zack

Say, Chris, I hear you will be out Catalina way with Sapphire soon. Look forward to meeting you. We were "stormed out" today by a Northeaster. None of my buddies from the mainland decided to risk it... smart decision! Friday was gorgeous (65+ ft vis) and Sat was certainly OK.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Say, Chris, I hear you will be out Catalina way with Sapphire soon. Look forward to meeting you. We were "stormed out" today by a Northeaster. None of my buddies from the mainland decided to risk it... smart decision! Friday was gorgeous (65+ ft vis) and Sat was certainly OK.

Dr. Bill

I look forward to meeting you as well. Now siting here waiting on a phone call from the freight forwarder. I shipped my Drysuit with my stuff from Japan and the ship took two months to get here. ( typhoon issue ). the boat just arrived yesterday. may or may not get it before I start the seemingly endless journey!

I will be in Catalina about 24 hours after I arrive in LA. may be cranky, so get ready for lots of whining as I enter that cold water :wink:

Love the turtle!!! And the avatar is spectacular!!! I'm gonna go stroll through your gallery. AGAIN. :)

I'm glad you added one more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom