Tiny Child mask needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for us. My daughter loves to snorkel.. is comfortable in the water and swims... but we CANNOT find a mask to fit her face. We have taken her to the LDS, tried ones from wal-mart, internet... etc. We are heading to Mexico again in a few weeks and would really love to have a mask that fits her. She is just TINY! ( I am NOT tiny but still have a narrow enough face to wear a child's mask). She is barely 30 pounds (5 1/2 years old) ... just a punkin'.. but loves to be in the water. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

I had the same problem with my daughter last year when she was 4. I finally found a set by U.S. Divers that fit her at one of the LDS in our area. I had to change the snorkle because it was too big for her mouth. Check for this brand in your area.
Good Luck

I saw some that might work at Sports Authority. They have kid-sized sets from Mares, US Divers etc.

marcurts:
I had the same problem with my daughter last year when she was 4. I finally found a set by U.S. Divers that fit her at one of the LDS in our area. I had to change the snorkle because it was too big for her mouth. Check for this brand in your area.
Good Luck
Do you know any more specifics other than us divers? I will check around and see what I can find. Thanks!

My 5 year old daughter wears an Oceanic Hana, fits perfectly. Also a good idea, regardless of which mask you choose, to get a neoprene strap. They will save your child some hair.

freediver:
My 5 year old daughter wears an Oceanic Hana, fits perfectly. Also a good idea, regardless of which mask you choose, to get a neoprene strap. They will save your child some hair.
Thanks! We will look into that one... and yes, she has the neoprene strap... goodness... otherwise I think she would be bald pulling it on and off (she even likes to wear it in the tub!). So funny gets in 5 inches of water and just lays face down with her mask and snorkel....... STRANGE kid! :)

AmyJ:
Thanks! We will look into that one... and yes, she has the neoprene strap... goodness... otherwise I think she would be bald pulling it on and off (she even likes to wear it in the tub!). So funny gets in 5 inches of water and just lays face down with her mask and snorkel....... STRANGE kid! :)

HaHa, how funny, my family are tub snorkelers as well!

AmyJ:
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for us. My daughter loves to snorkel.. is comfortable in the water and swims... but we CANNOT find a mask to fit her face. We have taken her to the LDS, tried ones from wal-mart, internet... etc. We are heading to Mexico again in a few weeks and would really love to have a mask that fits her. She is just TINY! ( I am NOT tiny but still have a narrow enough face to wear a child's mask). She is barely 30 pounds (5 1/2 years old) ... just a punkin'.. but loves to be in the water. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Hi Amy,
If you have not found one let me know,my 5 -year old boy Has out grown his,I can give you a size but sounds like it would work,
Brad

Back
Top Bottom