Suunto Vyper Oring size/place to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking for a replacement oring for a Suunto Vyper, so if I have to replace the battery, I can replace the oring if needed.

Does anyone have the specs on it? Any idea where to buy one?

Thanks,

Darryl

One 3 V lithium battery; CR 2450 (K5597) and O-ring 1,78 mm x
31,47 mm 70 ShA (K5664)

Any o-ring shop.

RTFM :wink:

Tell these people what you want..

http://www.marcorubber.com/orings.htm

If they don't have it just run a Google search with
o-ring order online sales

you will find quite a few more on-line o-ring sales companies.

You're probably better off to just get the battery kit, it comes with battery & o-ring. It "should" be around $5-$7 & they *should* even install it for ya.
You can find the stuff cheaper online, but the savings get eaten up by postage/shipping costs.

Well, after finding a really cheap source for the batteries, I am looking for O-rings, too. I assume they are Buna-N, but does anyone know what they are lubed with? Silicon?

Thanks,
jwh

lostboy:
Well, after finding a really cheap source for the batteries, I am looking for O-rings, too. I assume they are Buna-N, but does anyone know what they are lubed with? Silicon?

Thanks,
jwh

I have only changed mine once so far. I just reused the original O ring. So far its been ok. (can't remember if its one yr or two).

silicone should be ok, remember only slightest dab, only enough to make it shiny so it doesn't dry out. any more gets all over the place and doesn't help.

BTW: seating that O ring was a big PITA.

Thanks for the heads up. I just wanted to make sure they weren't EPDM, and I assumed they weren't viton. Each reacts differently to lubes. For a while, I owned a paintball gun with 26 different o-rings, some were viton, some were buna-N, and one was teflon-impreg'd. Finding the right lube was a bear :)

I can see where the seating could be tough, I have been playing around with mine. Did you do any tests before taking it deep?

jwh

For a while, I owned a paintball gun with 26 different o-rings, some were viton, some were buna-N, and one was teflon-impreg'd.

Can't understand that as paintball gun only uses air or co2.

you do any tests before taking it deep?

Nope, just the old Acid Test, jumped right in, if it leaked I was SOL.

Unless you have a pressure pot, don't know what test you could do.
Also, I believe (but could be wrong) that the computer guts are sealed from the battery compartment. So if battery flooded, the computer would not.

DEEPLOU:
Can't understand that as paintball gun only uses air or co2.

It was a 2nd gen eMatrix, which had a free floating bolt driven by air pressure. To seal the bolt, chambers, & assorted other parts required all those. It was insane taking it apart. Way harder to field strip than an M-16 :)

> Nope, just the old Acid Test, jumped right in, if it leaked I was SOL.

>Unless you have a pressure pot, don't know what test you could do.
>Also, I believe (but could be wrong) that the computer guts are sealed from the >battery compartment. So if battery flooded, the computer would not.

My thoughts exactly. Will test it out next week... Thanks for the info...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom