Areis 300G questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my recent shopping around for my first CBD Regluator setup. I ran across a LDS with a computer for sale for $300. I have done a serch on this and have nto found any recent posting about these computers. The last post I have found dates back to 2002. Do you guys think it would be a worth while computer or should I save more cash and just get the A2? I do not really care to download my dive logs so that is not an issue. Any ideas or help with this would be great. Thanks in advance

Lukiedukie:
In my recent shopping around for my first CBD Regluator setup. I ran across a LDS with a computer for sale for $300. I have done a serch on this and have nto found any recent posting about these computers. The last post I have found dates back to 2002. Do you guys think it would be a worth while computer or should I save more cash and just get the A2? I do not really care to download my dive logs so that is not an issue. Any ideas or help with this would be great. Thanks in advance

Lukie,
I have been diving with the areis 300g for over two years now and have the atmos2 as a backup. I have had no complaints but here are some of the diff i found. When wearing the a2 if you reach up fast to grab a line or wreck in a swift current you will set off the accent rate alarm. Not a critical issue as such but you may have trouble knowing when you made the violation, ie did I come up too fast or did I raise my hand too fast. The 300g is no longer made but is still supported I would buy a second one if I could find a rep. seller. Both units are in MHO great computers and well worth the $.

Good luck and dive safe

Kaderdive

Thank you sir I wll be picking one up tommorow then. Thank you again. I am glad to hear the 300g is still supported.

For the money I would go for the newer atmos2. One can be purchased from scubatoys for far less than $300. JMHO. My guess is that 300g has been sitting in your LDS for some time now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom