Hammerhead Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Just received a Stainless Steel Backplate, STA, and Harness Kit from Hammerhead Scuba in PA, USA. Nice stuff. Super Customer Service skills, fast shipment (had my order in 2 days), and super prices. I got everything needed and cost me less than other manufacturers.

Hammerhead's BP's, STA, and Harness Kits are all DIR 'compatable' and feature a smooth finish with NO customer deburring required. It all comes ready to rig!

Nice stuff guys!

I got the aluminum one with the two piece adapter and harness kit. It was very cost effective and very high quality and they were very responsive and helpful with questions. N

Yea, they are nice. DannyD on the board has one as well - thats how I found out about them. I'm totally satisfied with mine and I saved some dough.

The Halcyon SS Backplate w/ Harness would have been $194 thru the Halcyon dealer and the STA another $99. Thats $293 for the same thing - basically. I saved about $130!

Tollie:
I think her rear d ring is set a bit too high

D-ring? What d-ring? I didn't see any D-ring!

I've had one for a while. Good plate, no complaints, but when I got it, I definitely had to take a file to it to take the 'bite' off the edges.

Do they still do that hand hold thing on the sides? If so, be advised it's useless. You can't carry a heavy plate with a tank attached by the 3/8" thickness of the plate - it'll cut right into your hands.

Boogie711,
Yes - they still offer that but for that reason I opted NOT to get one with that - as I felt trying to hang on to even 20# would make the plate cut into my hands...so I opted for the 'purist' plate with no hand slots...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom